Hydropower is a huge resource, highly efficient and respectful of nature.
EEI is able to offer its solutions for a wide range of hydroelectric applications, from small 100 kW applications to large installations with the capacity of several MW.
In the field of hydroelectric energy, an effective energy production solution is based on the use of variable speed turbines equipped with a Direct Drive permanent magnet generator or a Double Fed induction generation (DFIG).
The inverter consists of a PWM inverter and an AFE (Active Front End) interface with the electricity grid.
The main features of the system are:
- High efficiency with modular IGBT units
- Fiber optic connections
- Use of film capacitors for an increased useful life
- Ability to operate the rotating machine as a generator or as a motor
- Control units based on DSP and MP
- Optoisolated I / O
- Network side unitary power factor
- Water or air cooling
- Modular solutions